About Shockey Planning Group
In 1980, after eleven years in government, Reid Shockey established Shockey Planning Group (formerly Shockey/Brent, Inc.) as Shockey & Associates. With his well documented personal and professional history in the region, he sparked leadership and an entrepreneurial spirit at Shockey Planning Group. SPG has a strong balance of public and private sector experience, which has played a key role in the company’s current prominence.
As a multi-disciplinary land use planning/permitting organization, SPG’s team includes full-time professionals experienced in environmental analysis, land use, permitting, wetland resources and critical areas, as well as expertise in civil engineering management. With the capability of handling any size projects, SPG is also small enough to guarantee hands-on participation by the firm’s principals. Our size and organizational experience helps us address your key issues and move your project toward successful completion.
SPG is recognized throughout Washington State for it’s expertise in project permitting, critical areas and wetlands analysis, land use and environmental planning, and managing State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA) issues. Our clients have included governmental agencies as well as other public and private sector agencies and organizations.
We act as the on-going environmental planning consultant/project manager for several school districts in the region.
We have extensive experience in managing and supporting municipal and public district projects and have staff expertise in growth management planning, project permitting and environmental planning. SPG specializes in assisting private sector clients in order to understand and work with the public sector, as well as assisting the public sector to understand and respond to private sector needs. We pride ourselves on our reputation for providing balanced service to both the private and public sectors in what is too often an “us-versus-them” environment.
Commitment to our Community
The SPG staff are committed to maintaining a high quality of life for Washington State residents both professionally and personally. All are involved in their local communities.
Client Service Excellence Program
At SPG, our Client Service Program includes a creative project approach that is sensitive to project constraints, including timing and budget. We focus on moving the project forward while protecting the project goals and reaching appropriate compromise if necessary. The following concepts provide the backbone of our service:
- Attention – We want to know your expectations. At the beginning of your project, we will ask you how often you would like us to contact you to informally review project progress. We will also identify any extra steps we can take beyond fulfilling the technical requirements of your project to make it easier for you to work with us.
- Accessibility – We will be available when you need us. All SPG employees have individual email addresses and voice mail accounts. All project managers have cell phones. We take pride in our promise to respond to you within 24 hours of contact.
- Responsiveness – We will manage the project to meet your requirements and adjust to changing conditions as needed. We will alert you to any deviations and initiate timely actions to meet your project deadlines.
- Follow Through – We will do what we say we will do. The Principal-in-charge will contact you multiple times during the life of your project to check on our service delivery.
- Project Follow-up – At your project’s closeout, we will work with you to discuss our client service. We want to know how you view our performance and receive feedback on our services.
- Exemplary Service – Our primary goal is your complete satisfaction and confidence that you made the right decision in choosing Shockey Planning Group.
SPG SUPPORTS LOCAL CHARITIES
Shockey Planning Group contributes to several local charities each year, among them are the Arts Council of Snohomish County, Senior Services of Snohomish County, the Imagine Children’s Museum, the Everett Public Schools Foundation, Foundation for Edmonds School District, Everett High School (Sports Programs), National MS Society Washington, Providence Hospital Foundation, and the University of Washington Gould Pavilion Project. We believe that a community is best served by those that serve its citizens well. We try to do our part in supporting their efforts.
SOME OF OUR MAJOR PROJECTS INCLUDE
- Redevelopment of the former Lynnwood High School into a mixed use project (including a Costco) known as Lynnwood Place
- Several new schools including Valley View Middle School, Cavelero Mid-High School and Forest View Elementary School
- Supplemental EIS for the proposed Whatcom County Correctional Facility
- Retained by King County for environmental permitting for the Brightwater Wastewater Treatment Facility
Careers at Shockey
As Snohomish County’s premier environmental planning firm, SPG affords professionals with an opportunity to enhance their career while working for a locally owned, community conscious company.
SPG offers competitive salaries, good benefits and the opportunity for a career in an entrepreneurial work environment. Send your resume, writing example and salary requirements to:
SPG, Inc. 2716 Colby Avenue, Everett, WA 98201,
or email directly to: email@example.com